We had a great time at the Green Festival, S.F. this past weekend turning many people of all ages on to the magma-tizing powers of our Green Magma and Magma Plus barley grass juice. Some responses we received: “This doesn’t taste anything like wheatgrass – it’s much more mild and easier to drink,” and “It looks so green and alive!”
Barley grass juice is most certainly a vibrant green color and incredibly abundant with so many nutrients:
- Essential and non-essential amino acids
- High amounts of enzymes like superoxide dismutase (SOD)
- Folic acid
- Caretenoids including beta carotene
- Pantothenic acid
- Vitamins: B2, B6, B1, B12, C, K
Dr. Yoshihide Hagiwara, founder of Green Foods, discovered over 40 years ago that young barley grass is the most nutritionally balanced food in nature. He discovered that the most nutritious part of the plant resides in its young green blades of grass and developed a spray-dry method to capture and protect the abundant nutrients and enzymes in freshly harvested young grass. It is through this method that Green Magma was born and is available for the benefit of all.
So, what are some the benefits of barley grass juice?
1. Enhanced metabolism: Dr. Kubota at the Science University of Tokyo found that barley grass juice reduces serum cholesterol in rats fed a high-cholesterol diet. And mice fed barley grass juice were 150% more active than mice fed a control diet.
2. Cellular regeneration/Anti-inflammatory: Dr. Perricone has conducted studies with Green Magma that show significant cellular repair and rejuvenation amongst his clients which is directly related to barley grass’ anti-aging properties in fighting free radical activity, reducing inflammation, and supporting healthy blood flow.
3. Stimulates weight loss: Many people report that supplementation of Green Magma stimulates weight loss as well as crucial nutritional support during a cleanse or diet.
4. Improves digestion and promotes regularity: Barley grass helps combat ulcerative colitis by lowering the amount of inflammatory chemicals in the by balancing the water content of the bowel content. Studies also show that barley grass increases the amount of friendly bacteria in bowels.
5. Strengthens the immune system: Phytonutrients and flavinoids are necessary for maintaining optimal health and protecting the body from toxins in our environment.
Barley grass has also shown promising results in preliminary studies done on its ability to inhibit certain cancer cell growths. We have received testimonies over the years from cancer patients who have been supported tremendously by consuming Green Magma and changing their lifestyles. One of our Green Foods Facebook fans posted:“Green Magma is amazing! My brother has cancer and is going through intense chemo right now and this is the ONLY thing that makes him feel better and gives him energy. Thank you.” – Brittany Vasseur
As you can see, there are so many benefits to including barley grass juice to ones diet! We receive a number of testimonials as to how it improves mental clarity, hair, skin and nails, and the #1 benefit we hear is increased energy levels. Many of our fans have ditched their addiction to coffee and prefer to make a morning and mid-afternoon green shake instead.
We invite you to share your stories with us here or on our company Facebook page: www.facebook.com/greenfoodscorp
Lutz, Howard Dr. Institute of Preventative Medicine, Washington D.C.
Perricone, Nicholas, M.D. Dr. Perricone’s 7 Secrets to Beauty, Health and Longevity. Ballentine Books, NY, NY. 2006.